A fast expanding craft beer business based in London needed cooling for the brewing process, packaging and cold storage. And the solution needed to be flexible, with space at a premium as well as allowing the system to grow with the business, delivering premium quality beers. ICS Cool Energy met the challenge.
ICS Cool Energy’s solutions are individually designed to meet the needs of different customers, following a full site survey, using the most extensive range of equipment for hire to meet the seasonal requirements. Solutions include:
ICS Cool Energy’s engineers recommended:
- Efficient and adaptable hire solution, 5 year contract
- No capital expenditure, for more freedom to invest in business growth
- High efficiency product selection with cooling
- Future proof, high efficiency system capable of expansion
- 2 x 135kW chillers, a 4,500 litre buffer cube, secondary circulation pumps connected to the ring main
- Bespoke weir tank to fit a small footprint on site
Expansion of the brewery’s production continues and with it the demands for effective temperature control. When the fermenters were doubled to 12, a second 75kW chiller was installed. When the brewery had 24 fermentation tanks, space was at a premium so ICS Cool Energy delivered a bespoke tank to fit the space along with two new 135kW chillers. Future-proofing is also built in, with extra temperature control capacity available.
“We want to focus on the overall business. So ICS Cool Energy is an ideal partner because of the service support and the fact they are there for essential maintenance, on call 24/7 gives us extra peace of mind,” explained head brewer Jenn Merrick.
“Hiring the cooling equipment suits us as a business as we can use essential capital for growth while the system is looked after.”