The ICS Cool Energy hire team helps a leading yoghurt producer to keep its cool – and more than £1million worth of stock in perfect conditions – when it’s time for essential maintenance that requires the planned shutdown of the warehouse’s state of the art ammonia cooling system. Meticulous planning and timing of equipment installations and deliveries with no interruption to the site’s 24/7 operation is all part of a day’s work for the ICS Cool Energy hire team.
The leading yoghurt producer has a highly efficient ammonia-based cooling system for its large warehouse that sees the dispatch of more than 40 million pots of yoghurt every week in a 24/7 operation. But it still requires maintenance for optimum performance which is a carefully planned operation.
Planned shutdown lasts around 36 hours but with millions of pounds-worth of stock to protect, the company takes a ‘belt and braces’ approach to maintaining the correct levels of warehouse cooling. ICS Cool Energy’s teams are called in to supply and install extra cooling and all the equipment which has to be thoroughly tested prior to shutdown.
- 6 lorry loads of cooling equipment was delivered without interrupting the ow of the customers 16 lorries per hour.
- 5 x Chiller 135, 14 x Fan Coil 25 LT, 2 x Fan Coil 50 LT, 500m of hose and 6000 litres of pre-mixed water glycol
- Powered by 5 separate 100kVa generators with distribution boards and cables. external 1000litre Fuel Tanks with distribution boards and cables.
- 2 Fuel Deliveries during the hire
- Engineer on site to maintain the kit during the middle of the 36 hour shut down period doing hourly checks on the external chillers
Following a detailed consultation with the customer, ICS Cool Energy’s hire team designed the bespoke solution and plan of action to ensure the warehouse was accurately cooled during the planned maintenance, protecting its precious £1m dairy asset.
The team of six engineers scheduled the six lorry-loads cooling equipment deliveries so daily distribution (16 lorries per hour, 24/7) continued without interruption over seven days of installation and equipment removal. Leaving nothing to chance, the equipment was installed and fully tested before running for the 36 hour shutdown.
“We provided a full, efficient cooling solution that was very carefully planned as this customer has a major asset that was our responsibility to help protect. As well as ensuring the planned maintenance went ahead without interruption, the nation never missed a spoonful of one of our most popular dairy products and that’s what we’re all about.”
View All Case Studies